Thank you for being interested in the vital work of Clergy Support Trust. The charity helps thousands of Anglican clergy and their households every year.
We offer financial and wellbeing support and a growing range of support services, including debt relief, an insomnia programme, and referrals for free counselling sessions.
We can only offer this support for those who do so much in service of others thanks to the generosity of our supporters.
"The Grants and Services Officer I usually speak to is so thoughtful and discreet. Priests are often thought of as invincible, or at least like to think they are, but being there for others all the time is often lonely. I’m grateful to have a friend in Clergy Support Trust."
Azariah France-Williams, Priest at Ascension Church, Hulme, Manchester (Pictured).
How you can help
Become a Governor
An essential role, our Governors support the charity by:
- Acting as ambassadors, promoting the work of the charity in their own church, professional and social networks.
- A source of accountability, receiving updates, the Annual Report, and holding the Court of Assistants (trustees) accountable
- Being advocates to encourage more eligible clergy and their families to access grants and services.
Governors meet annually for an assembly in November each year; become a Governor for a one-off gift of £100.
Be a Steward of the Festival
The Stewards show their support for the Festival and for the work of the charity by making an annual gift of a minimum of £50 towards the charity.
Historically the Stewards organised the Festival Service, in recognition of this Stewards continue to process up the nave as part of the act of worship.
Stewards can also have their name printed in the Order of Service, along with the number of times they have been a Steward, even if not in attendance.
Gifts in wills and donations
We are very grateful to those who so generously choose to leave a legacy or make a one-off or regular gift to Clergy Support Trust.
Legacies left over the years have ensured that the charity can continue to support the next generation of clergy households. More about legacies.
You can also support us with a one-off or regular gift:
- Bank Transfer / Standing Order
- Cheque made out to Clergy Support Trust and posted to our office at 1 Dean Trench Street, London SW1P 3HB
- Debit/credit card via give.net (monthly or one-off)
- CAF Account (using our charity number: 207736)