Clergy Support Trust was established in 1655 by merchants and Liverymen in the City of London who came together to support 'destitute clergy who had lost their parochial livings' under Oliver Cromwell's Protectorate. Some were 'sons of the clergy', explaining the charity's old name.
The charity greatly values this historic support by the Worshipful Companies and Guilds. We are delighted to celebrate this support each year at our Festival Service at St Paul's Cathedral and Festival Dinner afterwards at Plaisterers' Hall.
Many Livery members support the charity today by becoming Stewards of the Festival or Governors of the charity. The Lord Mayor of the City of London shows their support through an ex officio role as Honorary President of the charity.
This page highlights the Companies and Guilds that have supported the work of the charity with donations since 2022.
Listed alphabetically, updated August 2023: